Children (Elementary-age and younger) are integral members of the Body of Christ, and we welcome the sounds and activities of children as they fully participate in the life and worship of Wakonda Christian Church.
- We have worship every Sunday at 10 AM virtually on Zoom. Children can look forward to a fun and engaging children's sermon.
- One Sunday a month we will have an outdoor in-person worship service starting at 10 AM. We are having in-person worship once a month because we know how important it is to meet in person, but we also know it is so easy to get relaxed on social distancing. Meeting in-person once a month keeps us vigilant in our safety measures.
- At all in-person worship services masks will be required, social distancing will be maintained, and hand sanitizer will be available for everyone.
Sunday school is the core of children’s education at WCC. Preschoolers play and learn about their faith, expanding upon our weekly Wakonda Preschool Curriculum. School-aged children engage scripture through a series of worship styles from cooking, science, bible story, games and acting.
- Elementary youth will meet at 9 AM on Zoom for a virtual Sunday School led by Laura Lane and/or Robyn Bles. Elementary virtual Sunday School will take place every Sunday, except Intergenerational Sunday.
- On the Sunday we have outdoor worship, we will have Intergenerational Sunday School before worship at 9 AM. Intergenerational Sunday School will be socially distanced small groups with intentional mixing of the generations.
- At intergenerational Sunday School, masks will be required, social distancing will be maintained, and hand sanitizer will be available for everyone.
Wednesdays @ Wakonda:
Wednesdays at Wakonda ([email protected]) is the core of our children’s and youth ministry at WCC. Every Wednesday night throughout the school year, all school aged children and youth gather for a meal, games and activities.
- Elementary youth will meet on Wednesdays at 5:00 PM on the lawn by the playground at Wakonda CC. Kristen Alstott and Laura Lane will be leading this group.
- Leaders will provide a pre-packaged meal for youth to enjoy safely on Wednesday nights. We know how important it is to have youth fed and nourished, and we will find creative ways to feed our youth while keeping them safe. We ask at this time that you do not bring any food to be shared. Each youth will be asked to give $30 each semester to help us with the cost of meals.
- At all youth group gatherings masks will be required, social distancing will be maintained, and hand sanitizer will be available for everyone. Younger and older youth will meet separately to help maintain small group size and social distancing. We know this may be difficult for families that have both younger and older youth, but it was the safest way for us to meet and maintain COVID safety measures.
For over 50 years WCC Preschool has helped lay a faithful foundation for learning.
- Classes available for children ages 2-5. In person learning at Wakonda Preschool begins September 8th.
- Wakonda Preschool teachers and staff are dedicated to creating a safe, fun, and exciting learning environment. Small class sizes, daily health checks, frequent cleaning and sanitizing, and masks worn in hallways and shared spaces are just a few ways we will be keeping students safe this fall.
- You can find our more about our preschool at http://www.wakondapreschool.com/
In partnership with the Christian Conference Center of the Upper Midwest Region of the Christian Church Disciples of Christ, the church supports students as young as 3 for Grandparent camp, through High School Aged youth to participate in the transformative camping ministry. The Christian Conference Center is located in Newton, IA. To find out more, please visit http://www.uppermidwestcc.org